Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
Discover News By District
African American Resource Advisory Commission calls special meeting
Friday, August 5, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
The African American Resource Advisory Commission is holding a special-called meeting this weekend to discuss the relationship between police and the community. The event will include a panel discussion with representatives of the Austin Police Department; city officials, including Mayor Steve Adler, City Council Member Ora Houston and Assistant City Manager Mark Washington; and members of the community, including Chas Moore of the Austin Justice Coalition and Minister Robert Muhammad of the Justice or Else! Local Organizing Committee. The event will take place Saturday, Aug. 6, 10 a.m., at the King-Seabrook Chapel on the campus of Huston-Tillotson University, 900 Chicon St.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?