About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
- Council OKs getting rid of some occupancy limits
- Ethics commission dismisses complaints over Zilker Park votes
Discover News By District
Adler talks health care
Friday, July 28, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
Yesterday, Mayor Steve Adler once again dove into a national debate, releasing a statement on the current health care debate taking place in the U.S. Senate. “As mayor, I focus on practical solutions, not politics. The Senate should do the same. Mayors are on the ground, every day, closest to people. That’s why I support having a bipartisan group of mayors, governors and Senators to focus on fixing our health care system. That’s the results-oriented leadership Austin, Texas, and America deserve,” he said. Earlier this week, Adler signed a letter drafted by the United States Conference of Mayors that called for a bipartisan working group to “fix the healthcare system.”
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?