About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Adjust your expectations
Monday, August 7, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
Though there are a few things on this week’s City Council agenda worth keeping an eye on, the fact that Mayor Steve Adler will be out of town Thursday for the U.S. Conference of Mayors means that the juicier items will most likely be put off out of respect. Confirmation of that hunch comes via the City Council Message Board, where Adler noted that action will be postponed on the Austin Energy Resource, Generation and Climate Protection Plan given that he and Council Member Pio Renteria will be absent from the meeting.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?