Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
Discover News By District
AAC to add three new positions
Tuesday, June 14, 2016 by Kayleigh Hughes
Thanks to a grant from national family foundation Maddie’s Fund, an organization devoted to providing resources to no-kill shelters and animal centers, Austin Animal Center will be hiring for three new positions soon, allowing AAC to provide additional support for hundreds of dogs. Two of these positions will be geared toward giving extra care and support to larger and more energetic dogs who are harder to walk and often get passed over for enrichment, thus increasing their stress level. By having staff members devoted to supporting these animals, the goal is that they will be less stressed and have a better shot at being adopted. A third position will coordinate and schedule the volunteer groups for the center’s many volunteers — some of whom the center currently does not have the resources to schedule — and thus will help add thousands of hours of volunteer support. You can find information about how to volunteer for Austin Animal Center here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?