Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
Discover News By District
A second Tovo challenger introduces herself
Monday, August 6, 2018 by Jack Craver
Linda O’Neal, who in early July announced plans to challenge Mayor Pro Tem Kathie Tovo for the District 9 seat on City Council, will be holding a “Meet the Candidate” event at the Mohawk on Tuesday, Aug. 7, from 5 to 8 p.m. O’Neal is the third candidate in the race and has a lot of catching up to do. Another challenger, Danielle Skidmore, declared her candidacy in March and had raised over $47,000 by June 30, while Tovo raised just under $42,000. On her campaign website O’Neal describes affordability as her top goal, and she said that she would support CodeNEXT, the revamp of the land development code that has been sidelined.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?