About the Author
Mark Richardson is a multimedia journalist, editor and writer who has worked in digital, print and broadcast media for three decades. He is a nationally recognized editor and reporter who has covered government, politics and the environment. A journalism graduate from the University of Texas at Austin, he was recently awarded a Foundation for Investigative Journalism grant and has three Associated Press Managing Editors awards for excellence in reporting.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
TipSheet: Travis County Commissioners Oct. 14
The Travis County Commissioners Court meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
In the interest of space, we’ve decided not to post the entire agenda here. The County Clerk’s office hosts a copy at its website.
Items of interest for Commissioners Court include:
10. CONSIDER AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON THE UPDATED SPACE PROGRAM, JUDICIAL FORECAST AND UPDATED BUILDING CONCEPT BASED ON THE 2035 SPACE NEEDS FOR THE NEW CIVIL AND FAMILY COURTHOUSE. (Backup)
Monitor’s take: Commissioners will hear an assessment on the space needs, a judicial forecast and an updated building concept by the design-build contractors for the proposed Civil and Family Court House project. They could make changes or accept the report. Coverage on this is here and here.
12. APPROVE CONTRACT AWARD FOR ARCHITECTURAL/ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NEW MEDICAL EXAMINER’S OFFICE, RFQ NO. Q1402-008-AG, TO THE MOST HIGHLY QUALIFIED FIRM, SMITHGROUPJJR.
Monitor’s take: After last week’s clash between Commissioner Ron Davis and County Judge Sam Biscoe over postponing the item, there a chance that it could go quietly this week. Or there could be more fireworks. Our coverage is here.
21. CONSIDER AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON A REQUEST TO APPROVE A RESOLUTION AND TO ENTER INTO AN ADVANCE FUNDING AGREEMENT WITH TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION FOR ROADWAY SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS ON HAMILTON POOL ROAD FROM 0.31 MILE WEST OF SH 71 TO CUEVA DRIVE AND AT THE INTERSECTION OF HAMILTON POOL ROAD AND CRUMLEY RANCH ROAD.
Do you like this story?
There are so many important stories we don't get to write. As a nonprofit journalism source, every contributed dollar helps us provide you more coverage. Do your part by joining our subscribers in supporting our reporters' work.