Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
Discover News By District
Why Texas isn’t paying for what it wants from Austin’s classrooms: Audio from KUT
Friday, April 24, 2015 by Kate McGee
Travis County and the City of Austin take part in a regular fiscal dance with the State of Texas over who pays the costs of government. Over the three days, KUT News and the Austin Monitor looked at key examples of that interaction in our series, “The Buck Starts Here.” Today, we take on education.
Audio is embedded below:
You're a community leader
And we’re honored you look to us for serious, in-depth news. You know a strong community needs local and dedicated watchdog reporting. We’re here for you and that won’t change. Now will you take the powerful next step and support our nonprofit news organization?