About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
- As city ends remote and telework opportunities, county receives national recognition for its remote work initiative
Discover News By District
Key Players & Topics In This Article
Airport Overlay: This area near the Austin Bergstrom International airport has special zoning restrictions that include limitations and prohibitions on residential uses. When the airport moved to its current location, the city used federal money to purchase nearby houses. As a condition of using those federal dollars, the city also created an overlay which prohibits certain uses in the overlay.
Austin City Council Planning and Neighborhoods Committee: A City Council committee that reviews neighborhood issues, including neighborhood planning and code issues.