Most Popular Stories
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- City nixes $2M McKinsey homelessness study, signaling poor cooperation among partners
Discover News By District
Key Players & Topics In This Article
Becky Motal: Motal is the former general manager of the Lower Colorado River Authority
Lower Colorado River Authority: The quasi-governmental organization charged with, among other key items, regulating water policy for the Lower Colorado River--the body of water that runs through the heart of Austin. The creation of the organization in 1934--and the eventual series of dams it built--helped send electricity to portions of the Texas Hill Country.
Troy Frasier: State Senator Troy Frasier is a Republican member of the Texas State Senate who has held the 24th District seat since 1997.