Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
Discover News By District
McCoy named to lead CAMPO
Monday, October 11, 2010 by Kimberly Reeves
Members of the transportation policy board of the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Authority (CAMPO) named Maureen McCoy as the new director tonight after motions to delay the decision and repost the position failed.
The board interviewed McCoy and Douglas Weirsig. Ashby Johnson, the third candidate invited to attend tonight’s interview, pulled out within the last 24 hours.
McCoy has served as deputy director at CAMPO and is the current interim director.
Weirsig, now with Jacobs Engineering in Houston, formerly worked in transportation at the City of Houston and was on the short list for director of the North Texas Tollway Authority.
A representative from the city’s human resources department will negotiate salary.
You're a community leader
And we’re honored you look to us for serious, in-depth news. You know a strong community needs local and dedicated watchdog reporting. We’re here for you and that won’t change. Now will you take the powerful next step and support our nonprofit news organization?