Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
Council approves waterfront overlay ordinance
Thursday, April 30, 2009 by Austin Monitor
The Austin City Council approved an ordinance setting heights for various properties along Lady Bird Lake tonight but did not adopt a controversial amendment that would have overridden the Planned Unit Development (PUD) Ordinance. The vote was unanimous on first reading. Council will consider the matter a second time on May 21.
You're a community leader
And we’re honored you look to us for serious, in-depth news. You know a strong community needs local and dedicated watchdog reporting. We’re here for you and that won’t change. Now will you take the powerful next step and support our nonprofit news organization?