Most Popular Stories
Discover News By District
Events Attendee Waiver
City Summit and Austin Monitor events attendee waiver
- I fully understand and acknowledge that my participation in and presence at City Summit and other Austin Monitor events may expose me to risks, whether known or unknown, to person and property. These risks may include, without limitation, physical and mental health injuries (including, without limitation, exposure to or contraction of illnesses such as COVID-19, paralysis, or death), economic loss or hardship, and/or other lost opportunities (including economic, reputational, or otherwise). I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE Austin Monitor and/or any of its agents, contractors, employees, owners, sponsors, staff, affiliates, volunteers, and directors, officers, representatives, successors and assigns, and any other entities that help support the City Summit and other Austin Monitor events (the “Event”) from any and all claims, losses, or liabilities for death, personal injury, partial or permanent disability, property damage, medical or hospital bills, theft, or damage of any kind, including economic losses, which may arise by reason of my participation and/or presence at the Event. To the extent possible by law, I hereby fully waive, release, and discharge all parties notwithstanding their own negligent acts or omissions or the negligent acts or omissions of others.
- I agree that I will not bring any action or claim against any of the parties hereby released for any reason associated with the Event.
- I ACKNOWLEDGE AND ALLOW the use of any and all photographs and video taken of me at the Event to be used by Austin Monitor, in any media now known or hereafter devised, for any promotional purposes or any other uses without further consent, and hereby waive any rights of privacy or publicity I may have in connection with the foregoing allowance.
- In the event I decide to bring a minor who is under the age of 18 to the Event, I understand that I am solely responsible for the well-being and supervision of that minor at all times while on the property of the Event. I give my permission for emergency medical care to be administered to the minor should a medical emergency arise during the Event. Any expenses incurred will be my sole responsibility. I understand I am fully responsible for all minors who accompany me to the Event.
- NO REFUNDS FOR TICKETS OR EXHIBIT TABLE OR EXHIBIT BOOTHS. NO CANCELLATIONS. I understand tickets and exhibitor spaces are not transferable unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Austin Monitor. Tickets, exhibitor booths and sponsorships will not be refundable.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall Austin Monitor or any of their subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, directors, shareholders, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, owners, staff, affiliates, and representatives, successors and assigns, and any other entities and agents be liable for any direct, incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind, including without limited (i) lost revenues or profits (ii) loss of business or loss of data (iii) loss or damages to any personal property including computer, mobile phone or other device that is in any way related to our Event, even if Austin Monitor and its subsidiaries, sponsors or affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such damages; or (iv) for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in our program or websites, including without limitation, as a result of breach of any warranty or other terms of the Terms, the use or inability to use our official website or services, the software, unauthorized access to or alternation or your transmissions of data, statements or conduct of any third party in the website. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability of consequential or incidental damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to all users; in such state liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I understand that a “Force Majeure Event” means any cause(s) which render(s) Austin Monitor wholly or partly unable to produce this Event, which are neither reasonably within the control of such Producers nor the result of the fault or negligence of Austin Monitor, and which occur despite all reasonable attempts to avoid, mitigate or remedy. Such causes shall include acts of God, war, riots, civil insurrections, cyclones, hurricanes, floods, fires, explosions, earthquakes, lightning, storms, chemical contamination, epidemics or plagues, acts or campaigns of terrorism or sabotage, blockades, embargoes, accidents or interruptions to transportation, trade restrictions, acts of any Governmental Authority, strikes and other labor difficulties, and other events or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of such Producers. Should the Event be cancelled under the above circumstances; no refunds will be given. All sales are final.
PURCHASING TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR TICKET HOLDERS AND EXHIBIT BOOTHS
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH, OR AGREE TO ASSUME THE ALLOCATION OF RISK TO YOU AS SET FORTH HEREUNDER, DO NOT ENTER THE EVENT OR PARTICIPATE AS AN EXHIBITOR
Any purchase, possession, or presentation of the City Summit or other Austin Monitor events (“Ticket(s)”) by you (“You,” “Your” “Bearer” or “Holder” of this Ticket) constitutes your irrevocable acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, these terms and conditions respecting the City Summit or other Austin Monitor events (herein referred to as “Event”). You agree that Donorbox (the ticket “Issuer”) may modify, add, remove, supplement, amend, update or revise any of these terms and conditions, without advanced notification to You (collectively, “Revise” or “Revision(s)”) by posting such Revisions on Issuer’s website located at https://donorbox.org/ (the “Site”) and which Revisions shall, at Issuer’s option, relate back to the date of purchase. Your Ticket in the form of a confirmation email, shall be deemed a revocable license issued by Austin Monitor and Donorbox (“We,” “Our” or “Us”) for the sole purpose of accessing the The Long Center for the Performing Arts, 701 W Riverside Dr. Austin, TX 78704 (City Summit) or other event venues (here referred to as “Venue”) where the Event is scheduled to occur and for attending the Event (the “License”).
Austin Monitor or Issuer may revoke the License at any time without additional notification or compensation to You, including denying You access to the Venue. Austin Monitor assumes no legal, financial or other liability whatsoever for any lost, stolen or destroyed email confirmations. Electronic emails or Ticket(s) may be counterfeit and in all cases, such Ticket(s) shall be voidable and dishonored by Issuer.
The unlawful or prohibited resale or attempted resale of tickets is grounds for seizure of all or some of Your tickets and cancellation of this License without compensation to You. This Ticket may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests and sweepstakes) or other trade purposes without the express written consent of Issuer. Issuer also reserves the right to investigate orders suspected to be in violation of these Ticketing Terms and Conditions and shall be the sole and final arbiter regarding violations or potential violations hereunder. Your Ticket is not redeemable for cash. Upon Event cancellation by Issuer, Issuer may in its sole and absolute discretion elect to either issue a full or partial refund, not issue any refunds, or Austin Monitor may reschedule the Event. Once Venue opens, the Event, on the date of October 5, 2022 or other event designated event dates shall be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety and not subject to any refunds. Delayed Venue opening and your inability to access any parts of the Venue or Event due to Federal, state, municipal or other code regulations, Issuer’s policy(ies), weight load restrictions, emergency and/or partial or complete Event set up, shutdown or evacuation, Event delays and inclement weather shall not entitle you to refunds or future credits. Upon the cancellation of the entire Event, including, but not limited to Force Majeure Events, Issuer may, at its sole and absolute discretion elect to either, (a) issue you a full or partial refund or (b) postpone the Event for a future date and/or offer a comparable “make good.” Under no circumstances shall you be entitled to any type of refund or exchange due or contributed to by weather or governmental acts. If Issuer elects to issue a refund, the Ticket purchaser of record shall be refunded an amount up to the face value of the Ticket(s) only. If Austin Monitor reschedules the Event for a future date, you shall not be entitled to a refund. Under no circumstances shall you be entitled to a refund of any shipping, handling or other processing fees.
ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. THERE SHALL BE NO REFUNDS AND/OR TICKET EXCHANGES.